Sunday, February 20, 2011

Moment for Life

"I wish that I could have this moment for life".

I want to discuss a popular Rap song called, "Moment 4 Life". It's written and performed by Nicki Minaj and Drake. The song is powerful and has so much meaning. If you are a rap fan, I know you will be familiar with this song and the lyrics. If you are not a rap fan, I want you to listen to the clip below.

Just concentrate on the lyrics and message she is trying to convey, not the fact that it’s a rap song.

Nicki Minaj is expressing this incredible moment she had and desires to keep that unique feeling for the rest of her life. She says that:

I fly with the stars in the skies
I am no longer trying to survive
I believe that life is a prize
But to live doesn't mean you're alive

The lyrics are remarkable that it makes you open your eyes to see the truth in reality. Let me break down the concept of what she is saying.

I fly with the stars in the skies
She is not an ordinary woman that follows people. She is above what people think about her. She has high values and standards that she cherishes, which puts her in a class and category of her own. She knows where she is going in life and she doesn’t need reassurance from anybody.

I am no longer trying to survive
She is no longer trying to keep up with the image people want her to be.

I believe that life is a prize
She realizes that life should be cherished. You shouldn’t waste your time.
But to live doesn't mean you're alive
You have to live in the moment. Don’t worry about yesterday, because you can’t change the past. Don’t worry about tomorrow, because the future hasn’t been written yet. Don’t go through life dreaming and hoping things will turn out a certain way. Go through life achieving and living to your potential to enjoy your life. Just becuase your breathing doesn't mean your living.

Live to the fullest and have your moment for life!

1 comment:

brittany said...

I absolutely love this song, but the way you broke it down is even better. Your blog is a very creative idea, and i definetly will keep reading it. Thanks for the comment on mine...lol about spider-man.